Each state has its own auto insurance laws, with differences ranging from documentation requirements to liability coverage.
- Drivers are not required to carry automobile insurance.
- The state would prefer that drivers carry insurance.
- Drivers who have previous convictions such as a DUI or other driving violations can cause the state to require liability coverage.
- If you are convicted of drunk driving, you will be required to carry liability insurance for three years. If you are convicted again, the requirement rises to five years.
New Hampshire auto insurance Dept.
21 South Fruit St., Suite 14
Concord NH 03301
Web Site: www.state.nh.us/insurance
New Hampshire (NH) Mandatory Auto Insurance Minimums:
- Liability: 25/50/25 = Bodily Injury Individual/Bodily Injury Total Per Accident/Property Damage
- Other Mandatory Insurance: Uninsured Motorist