Failure to carry adequate liability insurance can lead to financial ruin if you are involved in an accident that you are even partially at fault for.
- Whether you drive a motorcycle, SUV, truck or van, you must have liability insurance coverage. There are some exemptions for travelers to the state and those who have recently moved to Arkansas.
- In Arkansas, the minimum levels of insurance required are $25,000 bodily liability, $25,000 property and $50,000 total per accident.
- If requested by a peace officer, you must surrender proof of insurance for your vehicle or you could suffer penalties.
Arkansas Insurance Dept.
Consumer Services Div.
1200 W. Third St.
Little Rock, AR 72201-1904
Toll Free: 1-800-282-9134
Arkansas (AR) Mandatory Auto Insurance Minimums:
- Liability: 25/50/25 = Bodily Injury Individual/Bodily Injury Total Per Accident/Property Damage
- Other Mandatory Insurance: Personal Injury Protection
- Regulations Regarding Proof of Insurance: Proof Required – When Obtaining Registration
- Penalties For Not Carrying Mandatory Insurance: Fine up to $250